If you’ve ever had to move a car with a broken axle, you know it’s not an easy process. It can be dangerous, and it definitely takes some muscle. But don’t worry – with a few tips from the pros, you’ll be able to move that car like a pro. So read on for everything you need to know about moving a car with a broken axle.
What to do if you have a broken axle
If you find yourself with a broken axle, the first thing you’ll want to do is call a tow truck. But if you’re in a pinch and can’t wait for a tow truck, there are some steps you can take to move your car safely.
What are the consequences of moving a car with a broken axle?
Moving a car with a broken axle can be dangerous, and it can put unnecessary strain on the car. In some cases, it can even cause further damage to the car. If your car’s axle is damaged, the first step should be to call a tow truck and have it driven to a secure location.
How to move your car without a tow truck
If you’re stuck without a tow truck, there are some steps you can take to move a car with a broken axle safely.
1. Park your Car on a level surface and apply the parking brake.
2. Place a jack under the car’s frame, near the wheels. If you aren’t sure if the jack will stay put, place it on a solid foundation.
3. Using the jack, lift the car until the broken axle is no longer touching the ground.
4. Place blocks or wedges under the wheels on the opposite side of the car from the broken axle. This will help to keep the car from rolling while you’re working.
5. Remove the wheel on the side of the vehicle with a damaged axle.
6. Using a rope or strap, secure the car to a solid object like a tree or pole. Make sure the rope or strap is long enough so that the car can be pulled without putting too much strain on it.
7. Once the car is secured, have someone else pull it forward while you guide it. Take it slow, and go easy on the rope or strap to avoid putting too much strain on it. Stop frequently to rest in order to prevent getting exhausted.
8. When you’ve arrived at your destination, pull over onto the level ground and set the parking brake. Remove the blocks or wedges from under the wheels, and replace the wheel on the side with the broken axle.
How to prevent your car from breaking an axle?
There are Some things you can do to prevent your car from breaking an axle. First, make sure you’re regularly checking your car’s tires and wheels for any signs of wear and tear. If you detect any damage, take your car to a mechanic for inspection.
Additionally, avoid driving over rough terrain or potholes, and be careful not to hit any curbs. You may help prevent your car from shattering an axle by following these easy instructions.
If your axle is damaged, the proper course of action is to contact a tow truck and have your vehicle taken to a secure place.
But if you’re in a pinch and can’t wait for a tow truck, there are some steps you can take to move your car safely. Just be sure to exercise caution, and never try to move a car with a broken axle on your own. You can get your automobile to safety in no time with the help of experts.
What to do if the axle breaks while driving?
The first thing you should do if your axle breaks while driving comes to a complete stop. It’s critical to remain cool and avoid panic. Once you’re safely off the road, turn on your hazard lights and call a tow truck.
Do not try to move a car with a broken axle, as this can cause further damage to your car. If you’re in a rural area and can’t get a tow truck right away, you may need to call for help from a friend or family member.
But in most cases, it’s best to wait for a tow truck so that your car can be safely towed to a mechanic or repair shop.
How much is the cost of a broken axle?
The cost of a damaged axle might vary based on the severity of the damage and your car’s make and model. In most situations, repairs will set you back around $500 to $600.However, if the damage is significant, the cost may be as high as $600 to $1000.
If your axle is damaged, you should get it fixed as soon as possible to avoid additional damage.
In the end, it’s important to be careful when driving and avoid any potholes or rough terrain. Regularly check your tires and wheels for any indications of wear and tear, and get your vehicle serviced as soon as possible if you detect anything wrong.
There are some things you can take to move a car with a broken axle. But don’t get too upset if you have a damaged axle. Simply call for a tow truck and have your automobile carried to a secure location. With the assistance of experts, you can have your car back on the road in no time.